Friday, April 20, 2012

A New Start?

It's been so long since I last wrote anything here, you might have guessed the migraines are less of an issue than they used to be.  I still get them but much less frequently and less intense.  Maybe its the amitryptyline which I continue to take mainly to get a good nights sleep.  Maybe its approaching 70; they're supposed to diminish with age aren't they?

From now on I'm going to use this blog to get the trials of modern life, which could well give anyone a migraine, out of my system.  If they really do trigger one I'll be sure to record it.  Maybe the blog needs a new name: I'll see how it goes.

Today a minor irritation with a happy ending to get things off the ground.  Renewing Home Insurance over the phone can be a trial but Saga have a fairly humane approach and at the end of the process they offered their (new?) Home Response as additional cover.  It sounded interesting and I nearly went for it, but at the price (£60/year quoted) I hesitantly declined.  Half an hour later having read more about it I thought I ought to have it so phoned back to enquire further.  This time, I was quoted a special offer price of £30/year and of course signed up willingly.  Was the original agent obliged to quote £60 and then noted on my file that this was too much?  Curious.

No comments: