Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another one

Yesterday I woke up the headache and numb arm and decided to take one of the naproxen.  It worked well for about 2 hours and then the headache returned with a vengeance.  I'm allowed 3 a day if I double the ulcer treatment while I'm taking them but I decided to stop at one and tough it out.  The day was not as bad as the last migraine day, and while I slept OK last night, the "dagger" part of the headache was still there this morning.  So I took another naproxen and things eased sufficiently to allow a trip to the supermarket in the morning.  These painkillers are better than nothing and if they don't kill the headache they certainly kill the ever-present arthritis pains!

If I get another inside 10 days I'll need to think seriously about starting the topiramate.

No comments: