Thursday, April 30, 2009

A pair of classics, and then...

I had a relatively manageable classic migraine on Monday, took a Naproxen, felt better, but suffered stomach pains such that I decided Naproxen was no longer a good idea.

Today's classic stopped my going out this morning because I decided to take nothing stronger than paracetamol. I was feeling almost normal by the evening and we went out for an enjoyable Chinese.

During Thursday night I felt strange and by Friday morning had a full-blown common migraine of the sort that has followed Chinese food in the past. I had to take something so doubled up the ulcer treatment and took a Naproxen, apparently without relief. During the afternoon it became manageable and we went out to the cinema in the evening as planned. So, not as bad as in the past, but by most counts, 3 in a week.

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Molly,

I hope you will feel better soon.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Migraine Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff