Monday, April 16, 2007

An incredible coincidence?

I was lucky enough to get an appointment with the GP this morning, wanting to discuss Friday 13th and get some antibiotic ear drops. His comments were as follows:
  • My records showed I'd tolerated the Ciprofloxacin tablets on two occasions in the past so the problems were not caused by their side-effects.
  • Antibiotics do not cause elevated temperatures. There was a gastro-bug going round which would account for the flu-like symptoms I'd suffered - even though they only lasted 5-6 hours at most, and despite "flu-like symptoms" being a noted side-effect of the antibiotic.
  • The migraine symptoms were due to another migraine and were unrelated to the "severe headache" side-effect of the medication.
However he did not recommend I continued with the Ciprofloxacin. As with last year's earache, he took a swab of the fluid in the offending ear and sent it for tests so that any antibiotic could be tailored to the organism. I should check back in a week.

No comments: